Karen Sweater IX - West Coast Fog
Karen by Eri Shimizu
I have been long an admirer of Eri’s patterns – she has an incredible eye for detail, and her designs are superbly wearable – and when she agreed to design a sweater in Miss La Motte Yarn… I was over the moon!
Karen – which means lovely, pretty in Japanese - is a circular yoke sweater worked from the top down. There are two sleeve options to choose from – a simple sleeve, or my favourite – the Flora sleeve. The Flora sleeve requires no cable needle – all stitches are worked in ‘twists’ and ‘slips’ making this seemingly complex design very enjoyable.
I have curated a few colours which I think is in keeping with our original ideas of a wearable sweater with a hint of rustic about it. The pattern uses merino-linen singles which provide an interesting yet super soft textural feel; and the speckles are just delicate enough not to interfere with the textural stitches.
Please note the following:
- Pattern is not included in yarn sets; you can follow this link to Eri’s Ravelry store: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/karen-15
- Size options and corresponding yarn quantities are available on the drop-down menu; please click for options.
- International customers: the amount of skeins = the mail package, for example size small = 3 skeins – please add ‘3 skein package’ to your cart upon checkout. Please note that shipping does not include duties and taxes that may be levied by destination customs.
- Mail can be slow from the southern tip of Africa – delivery times are usually between two to three weeks. All parcels are sent via Airmail as registered post – you will receive tracking details for your parcel once your order has been processed.
- For dye-to-order options – please allow at least one week for processing.
- Should the product be out of stock, please make use of the ‘Notify me’ button – I will be restocking these colours for a while.